Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Recipe For Apricot Delight Cake

Well, here is a token post just to say I did publish an update on this blog this year. I almost had a complete calendar year without adding to it, but I have been working on my website and my blog as well as starting a new blog, covering my  Velah character from "Challenge Of The Velah" (c), but it is bare, as I'm still building the content.

For today, though, I wish to share a recipe I might have to make for my Brother this X-Mas  (day after tomorrow). He got a small can of Solo brand apricot cake and pastry filling, a double pack of cream cheese and a graham cracker crust, then told me I could make him a pie.

Joy.

I did a search online for a recipe that takes those ingredients. There are none that I found.
 The closest match is the  Apricot Delight Cake from the manufacturer's website, which I might be able to pour into a pie crust.

So, here's their recipe, if you don't want to go there right now:

 Apricot Delight Cake








Ingredients

Cake

1⁄2 cup               Butter or margarine, softened
1⁄4 teaspoon     Salt
1 package          8 OZ cream cheese, softened
1⁄4 cup               Milk
1 1⁄4 cup            Sugar
1 can                  Solo Apricot Cake and Pastry Filling or 1 jar Baker Apricot Filling
1 teaspoon       Vanilla
2                        Eggs
2 cups               Sifted all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon     Baking soda
1 teaspoon        Baking powder

Topping

2 cups                Flaked coconut
2⁄3 cup               Brown sugar, firmly packed
1⁄3 cup               Butter or margarine, melted
1 teaspoon        Cinnamon




Instructions

Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and lightly  flour 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

Cream together softened butter (or margarine), Cream Cheese and Sugar, mix until light and fluffy.

Add vanilla and eggs and beat thoroughly.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.

Spread half of batter into prepared pan; spoon dollops of apricot filling on top

Cover with remaining batter.

Bake for 40 minutes.

To make topping, combine coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.

Sprinkle over cake.

Place cake under broiler until topping is golden brown.


Enjoy!


-- John
#WriteOn

1 comment:

  1. Turns out, I did not make this, after all. I made an Apricot Cheesecake, but didn't get it right. First off, I got a whole lot more substance than I had pie crust, so too much left over. Also, the recipe called for fresh crust and I only had access to a graham cracker pre-made that my Brother bought. Oh, well. As with any new endeavor, learn from mistakes.

    ReplyDelete